A downloadable software for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Crocotile 3D is a tool for creating 3d scenes with tiles. Think of it as creating 2d tilemaps with three dimensions.
Saving (over 100 tiles) and exporting is deactivated. To activate these, register a keycode at Crocotile3D.com or purchase an activation key below.
Be sure to read the Howto, to learn all about what you can do!
Join the Discord server to get help from other Crocotile users!
Watch Youtube videos demonstrating Crocotile 3D!
Consider supporting via Patreon!
v.1.9.9c (September 24, 2022)
- Improved: Adding new bones to skeletons or changing the skeletal hierarchy will now automatically refresh/rebind the skeleton to the skinned object.
- Fixed: Painting weight and then erasing would continue to weight the vertex if no other weights were assigned.
v.1.9.9b (September 23, 2022)
- Fixed: Loading file from recent list wouldn't update current path, so saving would overwrite previous loaded files.
v.1.9.9 (September 23, 2022)
- Added: Bones and Skinned Objects! You can now attach bones to a skinned object and have vertices bend and morph. Check the Skinning section of the documentation for more information.
- Added: Ability to paint directly on tiles in the 3d scene. Select the Pencil tool while in Draw mode by clicking the icon to the left of the 3d view, or press Alt+1.
- Added: Look At Crosshair action for selected entities and instances. Press the L key to point the selected instances or entities towards the Crosshair. You can change the keybinding by going to Edit > Buttons > Edit Mode > Look At Crosshair.
- Added: Autosaves/Backups are now listed in the Load Recent Scene menu.
- Added: Mouse coordinate and selection dimensions are now displayed at the top of the Tileset panel.
- Fixed: Crocotile would become unresponsive on Linux Ubuntu 22.04 when loading a file.
- Fixed: The "Delete Object/Instances" option in the Scene panel wouldn't reparent any nested instances, causing them to disappear in the scene and create errors.
- Fixed: Undoing the "Delete Object/Instances" action would place object at end of list/folder.
- Fixed: The Edit > Settings > Tilesets > "Drag Multiple UVs" option wouldn't save.
- Fixed: Backups may not have saved light entities.
- Fixed: Clicking on selection handles in Painting panel would fail in some cases when zoomed in.
- Fixed: Scaling with the Gizmo while zoomed in would cause scale to have NaN/Infinity values, resulting in potential errors.
- Fixed: While in Active-Edit mode, couldn't select a nearest vertex (while holding ctrl), or select edges.
- Fixed: When exporting, animations wouldn't be scaled when using a scale value other than 1.
- Fixed: Changing the project's Base Pixel Unit size wouldn't scale any animation positions.
- Fixed: Undoing/redoing the creation or cloning of an Object wouldn't restore any custom properties if any had been added.
- Fixed: Importing files with # character in filename would fail to import.
- Fixed: Clicking on vertices of tiles facing away would fail when "camera-based selection" was off and "deselect when clicking nothing" was enabled.
- Fixed: .c3dp files would include all textures in the project even if they weren't used. Now it only exports tilesets that the prefab uses.
View more in the Changelog
In order to download this software you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $22.50 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.913 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.8 linux update17 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.841 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.746 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.652 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.5 + CrocoJam 5! 🍓62 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.468 days ago
- Crocotile 3D v1.9.3b mac70 days ago